17 December, 2006

SOLD OUT?



The recently released Italian CD of Bruno Nicolai's memorably outre score for Jess Franco's A VIRGIN AMONG THE LIVING DEAD is now listed as SOLD OUT on all the Online ordering sites I have checked. Has anyone out there managed to get one and listen to it? If so, please write any comments below. Better yet, if you wish to write a review, please email me and I will post your comments as a separate blog with your name attached. I'm sure all our readers will want a report. I'm anxious to acquire my own copy in the near future and I'm interested in reading any advance commentary. I knew I shouldn't have delayed ordering it immediately when it was released on Oct. 31. If anyone knows how or where I can pick one up please contact me. Thanks.
Robert Monell

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can buy it here:

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/7329845/a/Una+Vergine+Tra+I+Morti+Viventi+(A+Virgin+Among+The+Living+Dead).htm

It's really impressive how quickly the CD was sold out at digitmovies! I have my copy and it's fantastic: this is the best Bruno Nicolai film-score I have listened. This is much more free, alive and unconventional than his also very good scores for genre films.

All the tracks (a pair of them not used in the film) are excellent music: both the orchestra and the piano ones. The piano rag-time is a little masterpiece.

Francesco

Anonymous said...

Since all of the tracks are mono (compared to the stereo tracks found for other Nicolai titles in the vaults) and the cues are exactly the ones that appear in the film, I wonder if these the tracks that were mixed down to mono for use in the score and the rest of the material was either destroyed or is still buried somewhere in the vaults.

Hope you get a copy. I contacted every seller I had previous transactions with to see who would get this first for pre-ordering.

Now, if we could get NIGHTMARES COME AT NIGHT on CD.

Robert Monell said...

Thanks for your comments and thanks for the direction, Francesco. I just ordered one from CD Universe. I hold Nicolai's NIGHTMARES score equal to VIRGIN, it's equally strange and avant-garde. I would love to see it come out.

Anonymous said...

Answering to the anonymous, track 22 and the most part of track 18 are not used in the film.

Francesco

Anonymous said...

In case someone is looking for another copy, I just ordered one from www.intrada.com.

Robert Monell said...

Could you email me about this Damaian? Thanks, Robert.