28 January, 2012

EL SADICO DE NOTRE DAME Poster

EL SADICO DE NOTRE DAME: Recently watched the Spanish Manga DVD of this rather important 1979 Jess Franco project (with scenes from the 1974 EXORCISM) and would recommend it since Jess Franco's real voice is used for the character he plays. It adds a lot to the film. It is also letterboxed and looks better than most other versions I've seen. No English language options, unfortunately. With a fascinating essay by Francesco Cesari as an extra. Wizard Video released a censored VHS of this called DEMONIAC back in the 1980s. It was one of the first Franco videos I ever rented. This poster was on sale for $200+ at vgmerchandise.com   Thanks to Nzoog for helping me see this.

2 comments:

scott said...

I love this poster for it!

I have the Manga dvd too and watched this recently as well for the first time in awhile. A few things in it still don't add up, but still a few Franco touches abound. Now I need to force myself to watch EXORCISM again too...

Anonymous said...

Where can I find a copy of the DVD? I've looked online but had no luck!